Tuesday, March 1, 2011

oppression journal

      My groups topic we are focusing on is gangs.We decided to focus in gangs because we think it's a good topic to focus on because that's what we hear about a lot this days.My way of defining h\the gangs is a click of people who believe that a color.Color's known as red, blue, black.So that was my short definition of gangs.
       In gang's theirs many opresrors because they opress young people to choose a color.I t harms them because they get involved from with drugs most people who are in gangs do drugs.Something that gang members would tell you in the streets especially when your a guy is "what you bang" and what most people say "nothing" and they are scared.The opressor restricts peoples by not letting them use every color.
     There are many organization that helps teens to stay away from drugs and gangs.A restriction that the people have when they bang is that they can't really bee seen in the streets because they could get jumped by the other group members of the other gang members.That's a percentage that many people get killed . Some thing that they internalize is that they believe that they need to bang a color and no other one.
       The people that are oppresed feel like they can't do anything because if they step out of their homes they  feel like they are going to get killed.They also sometimes think that their ghangstah friends are going to be their for them when they get shot when they really don't have their back.They will not risk their lives for yu when they have their own family to live for.
      One personal expierence is when my brother and his friend got chased by the Nortenos.They chased them just because they passed by their teratory . When they chased them my brother went up threw the balkony stairs and my brothers friend stayed down and the entrance door was locked and nobody would open the door and the nortenos came in a white car and got down. As they got down from the car my brothers friend got behind and they pulled out a gun and he ran and left me their and they just looked at me a kept on chasing the guy.But he luckly got to my house and nothing happened to hi that was the worst experience that could happen to me!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment